CostumeBox.com.au is Australia's #1 for Costumes, Party and Fun! We've been supplying good times to every corner of Australia since 2007, growing our range of fancy dress costumes, accessories, and party supplies to keep up with our loyal base of fun seekers. It's been an amazing ride so far, but we're not settling for status quo, in fact, we're just getting ready to turn up the volume and bring this party to a whole new level! We have proven and ambitious growth strategy that you will want to be a part of!
If you're looking for your next challenge and want to join a fun, vibrant and dynamic team, you're in the right place, click on one of our exciting roles listed below!
Junior Buyer - Full Time
Due to business growth, there is an opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join our dynamic, focused and dedicated Buying team of 4. The CostumeBox buying team is responsible for procuring costumes, party supplies, gifts and an ever-growing array of new products for sale on our state-of-the-art web store. f you're looking to develop a Buying career in a role that is interesting, fast-paced and challenging, this may be the perfect role for you.
We are looking for an ambitious, motivated, organised and analytical individual who thrives in a busy environment and who genuinely wants to build a career in Buying. The main responsibilities for the role include:
- Selecting, purchasing and replenishing products for sale on the CostumeBox website, within assigned categories, from a portfolio of suppliers.
- Working with the Buying Manager to negotiate the best possible pricing and terms for the CostumeBox business.
- Working to budgets to ensure the business has adequate stock turn in assigned categories, to meet forecasted revenue.
- Analysing sales and stock turn in assigned categories and closely monitoring individual product sell-through rates to ensure aged stock parameters are being met.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase.
- With support from the Senior Buyers you will take ownership of a category and be responsible for sourcing new products and developing new supplier relationships to maintain optimum/on trend cateogry offering.
- Liaising effectively with the marketing and content departments to ensure optimal product placement and promotion to help drive your category stock turns.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Outstanding communication abilities both verbal and written
- Strong numeracy skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills and overall computer literacy
- Strong organisational skills with excellent time and workload management in order to meet deadlines
- Aptitude for effective negotiating
- Proven skills or aptitude in market research, data analysis, and forecasting techniques
- A business or related degree will be highly regarded
- Previous experience as a retail buyer or in a relevant role will be view favourable but is not essential
This role is permanent and full-time, and comes with:
- A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Great working environment in a happy and positive team on the Northern Beaches
- Oodles of on the job training and mentoring, we want to help you develop and succeed
- Generous staff discounts
- Generous employee benefits which are currently; a paid day off on your birthday and free pizza monthly!
- Flexible start and finish times
- Great staff events - if anyone knows how to party it's us!
Customer Service Casual
We are on the hunt for motivated and reliable casuals to join our team. There is potential for longer-term positions for stand-outs.
Key Skills Required
- Genuine willingness to help customers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Answering phone calls and effectively dealing with customer enquiries
- Providing prompt customer service via our website/ email/ live chat
- Willingness to take ownership of any problems and ensure they are resolved quickly and with empathy
We are on the hunt for motivated and reliable warehouse casuals to join our team. There is potential for longer-term positions for stand-outs.
Key Skills Required
- Fast your feet
- Pay exceptional attention to detail
- Picking and packing orders
- Some receiving and inventory duties
If you think one of these roles could fit, send your resume to Prue: firstname.lastname@example.org