General Privacy Information
CostumeBox.com.au contains links to third party internet sites and services that may collect data if you were to enter their site. They each have separate privacy and data collection practices that are independent of their own company and therefore Costumebox.com.au has no responsibility or liability for these practices, actions or the content on their websites. While we strive to protect your personal information please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily and publicly disclose personal information on any online service or website, that information could be collected and used by others. Costumebox.com.au can’t fully ensure the security of information you transmit to us. Any information you transmit online you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and account information.
Use of Information
The information we ask you for during checkout is stored on a secure server; CostumeBox.com.au will not disclose any information about any individual without the individual’s consent, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process. We will not share your email address or personal information with third parties or make public any data entered while placing your order. The only information we won’t retain is your credit card or banking details. Once you submit a transaction through our site the details are sent to a secure third party who process this information.
Registration with CostumeBox.com.au
Customers can register with our website to make purchasing easier through the site and to receive benefits such as discounts, points and promotional emails. You will be given a member ID and Password to keep your information secure. The information you store here is used to contact you when necessary for customer service reasons. Unique identifiers, such as member ID and Passwords are collected to verify the user’s identify and for use as account numbers in our record system. All information stored in your account is kept on a secure server.
Costumebox.com.au utilizes a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. When purchasing from Costumebox.com.au your credit card details are not stored in our systems in accordance with PCI-DSS standards. When purchasing from Costumebox.com.au your financial details are passed through to a secure server using the latest 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. If you choose to modify your personal information or you have forgotten your password, you may do so by visiting the Costumebox.com.au member page. You will be required to submit a valid member ID and password for authentication before you will be able to modify your file. If you want to change your password a customer service representative will reset it to a new one for you after you have identified yourself. Costumebox.com.au employs a third party audit company to perform additional site security audits.
What are Cookies?
How to enable cookies:
Internet Explorer 7.x
1. Start Internet Explorer
2. Under the Tools menu, click Internet Options
3. Click the Privacy tab
4. Click the Advanced button
5. Put a check mark in the box for Override Automatic Cookie Handling, put another check mark in the Always accept session cookies box
6. Click OK
7. Click OK
8. Restart Internet Explore
Internet Explorer 6.x
1. Select Internet Options from the Tools menu
2. Click on the Privacy tab
3. Click the Default button (or manually slide the bar down to Medium) under Settings. Click OK
- Click on the Tools-menu in Mozilla
- Click on the Options... item in the menu - a new window open
- Click on the Privacy selection in the left part of the window. (See image below)
- Expand the Cookies section
- Check the Enable cookies and Accept cookies normally checkboxes
- Save changes by clicking Ok.
- Click on the Tools menu in Opera
- Click on the Preferences... item in the menu - a new window open
- Click on the Privacy selection near the bottom left of the window. (See image below)
- The Enable cookies checkbox must be checked, and Accept all cookies should be selected in the "Normal cookies" drop-down
- Save changes by clicking Ok